Saturday, January 23, 2010

Malayalam Versions of the Novel

Right now, I am running the third volume of the Spy Story series at BRF (Spy Story - Generations). Parts of this story is set in ancient Kerala, some 300 years ago. During the course of writing it, I realized that the English language is somewhat inadequate to express the thoughts and actions of the characters. So, I wrote some parts in Malayalam.

Naturally, BRF is read by a wide community, much of who can't read Malayalam. So, rather than upsetting them, and how can I even dream of upsetting people like Ramana and Rahul M?, I thought of posting the alternate versions here.

If you just read this blog, I am afraid nothing would make sense. Please read the BRF pages in conjunction.

My old stories can be seen here:
Spy Story - 2
Spy Story - 1

No comments:

Post a Comment